Monday, June 27, 2022

Animal sightings

It's been an incredible couple of weeks for me spotting by my home animals that are usually seen much further afield. On June 11, it was ravens in our backyard maple tree. And on the same day, a chipmunk made it momentarily onto the edge of our deck. Both are rare in our neighbourhood and, as far as I know, never on our street. Blue jays are generally in flocks flying overhead but I was peripherally aware of (more by sound than by sight) a mating pair in the area. The photo, taken on June 18, shows one in our mulberry tree that could be an offspring of that pair. On June 20, the neighbour's side-yard hummingbird feeder, just over the fence, sported a hummingbird. And on June 23, I saw an opossum [caveat] crossing the road to the edge of our driveway. I don't think I've ever encountered a hummingbird or an opossum. As fate would have it, only the blue jay managed to make it into my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment