Thursday, August 19, 2021

Opening day

The FreshCo that (two months ago) I anticipated opening, opened today. I was there just after 9 AM checking it out. I had washed my hair and changed my hole-riddled T-shirt so that folk wouldn't mistake me as a harbinger of a zombie apocalypse. It was the first time in over seventeen months that I have been inside a grocery outlet! I picked up a couple of 2L milks, a couple of 750G yogurts, one head of lettuce, a chunk of beef, and a few smaller items. These were distributed in two bags that I had brought to the store. The ten-minute walk home was somewhat tiring, my back apparently no longer suited to such a task. One sour note (noticed after I got home) was that the box of Milk-Bones I purchased only because it was shelf-tagged at $1.25 (a very good price) showed up as costing $2.49. The $5-off opening special (on orders over $35) made up for that annoyance.

No comments:

Post a Comment