Thursday, March 26, 2020

Bare necessities

Our last grocery shop was on March 11 at the local Real Canadian Superstore. We only go every three or four weeks so it's important to stock up. Alas, already back then they had no bathroom tissue to sell. So on March 17 I decided to try a grocery delivery service, more specifically Grocery Gateway. There's a minimum $50 order so in addition to $30 worth of "Cashmere" I ordered some canned goods. At checkout, the website wouldn't recognize my credit card information so I opted to pay at the door. I tried subsequently to add my credit card information to the account but there was no way to do that. I'm still waiting for their email response to my query about it. But no matter, when the order arrives I'll tap the credit card so that I won't have to push the buttons.


The scheduled arrival for the order was this morning. I was waiting for it by the front steps. When the order was brought to me I asked about the tap limit. I think he said $50. Damn! My original order was for just over $80. But wait, where's the toilet paper? They didn't include it, which put my total owing under $50. But my tap didn't work for some reason so I had to push the buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment